Monday, January 10, 2011

No. 019 *CLASSICAL RE-VAMP- Provocative Furniture by Jimmie Martin

Have you seen these pieces by Jimmie Martin? They are definitely the epitome of what I love so much about borderline design. Ugly? Lovely? All I know is I can’t stop looking at them and I bet you’re going to feel the same. I am a sucker for metallics, text, and re-vamped classical design- Jimmie Martin { take a look at the website } has a whole slew of fantastic and provocative one-off pieces they describe as “combining the decadent and quirky with the nostalgic and urban.” A creative re-vamp of classic pieces in metallic and loud text (quoting phrases like 'IMPERFECT', recepies, poems...) elaborate flowers, bold and fun colors. If you think that they are too over the top to picture in a space just ask the famous interior designer {Kelly Hoppen} who used the lounge chairs pictured here in her design of {Rhodes W1} in London. (I love Kelly Hoppen.)


Makes me want take a trip to the local thrift store...




3 comments:

Alcira Molina-Ali said...

I absolutely adore JM's work -- so edgy and of-the-moment. Kara Mann does amazing things with his pieces.
Cheers, Alcira

nerochronicles.com

Alcira Molina-Ali said...

Back again am I,

In other fodder, I've awarded you a Stylish Blogger Award.

It's a bit like a bloggy chain-letter, I've found, so don't feel compelled to play along. I'm happy just to have you up at Nero.

If you'd like to snag the button for your site, you can check it out here:

http://www.nerochronicles.com/2011/01/id-like-to-thank-academy.html

Cheers, Alcira

nerochronicles.com

{jami @ i m a g i n e} said...

Oh Yes!! Love these! They'd be cool in a small restaurant.

I know, I'm so happy to have another kitty in our lives! Did I mention I was going to name the first black cat that I had Olive?

I hope all is well! Trying to coordinate with the other girls to set up a blogger get together! I'll keep you posted!!

xo - Jami
i m a g i n e

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget