Sunday, January 30, 2011

No. 029 *BLOG AWARDS! Lovely Ugly Gives a Golden Balloon...

When I started *{ Lovely Ugly Design }, my goal was to explore design in all its forms right up to the edges where lovely and ugly begin to blur. I am loving what I am learning and discovering and I hope you are enjoying what I have shared. Speaking of sharing, I would like to share with you the following incredible blogs:

L.U. would like to present to its first GOLDEN BALLOON AWARD to...

I M A G I N E
BEACH BUNGALOW 8
BIJOU AND BOHEME
THINGS THAT SPARKLE
{THIS IS GLAMOROUS}
PARLOUR HOME BLOG
THE ZUSH
MANUEL NAVARRO DESIGN
TILLY MAISON
NEROCHRONICLES

If you haven’t visited their blogs, please take a look- you’ll be happy you did! These bloggers have been an unexpected source of wonderful inspiration to continue pursuing my art/design goals outside of the daily design studio. I think it’s only appropriate to stop and say a sincere thank you for bringing a bright welcome to my morning hours, daily inspiration, and such kind thoughts and comments! Thank you for logging your early morning (and late evening)… hours over a cup of coffee to share with us your encouragement and light.


Being unable to send you flowers, a card, or a letter.... Lovely Ugly Design would like to give you this hand illustration and a Golden Balloon. (everyone loves balloons… mine is gold!) Much appreciation and affection via blog world. There is so much more to discover and share, I hope you’ll follow!

Xo Jessica Rae

10 comments:

christine {bijouandboheme} said...

Oh my goodness- this is seriously the most amazing blog award ever!! I can't believe you drew that- so fabulous- seriously! Thank you so so much:) xo

{jami @ i m a g i n e} said...

Doll Face!! How come you're SO cute?!! I love this and thank you. I really, really appreciate your kind words and it's so nice to know that there are people out there that are reading and are interested! I love it! You're SO talented - I love your illustration and I can't wait to meet you in real life soon! We live so close to each other, it's kinda ridiculous that we haven't met yet :)

Happy Sunday and thanks again! You really brightened this somewhat dreary Sunday afternoon!

xo - jami
i m a g i n e

Alcira Molina-Ali said...

Hi there Jessica,

Thank you so much for this sweet and creative gesture!
I love the graphic you've designed as well -- it's thoroughly charming and -- yay! -- faceless, which means I can fit into those skinny jeans after all ;)
Ever so nice to have made your acquaintance.
Cheers, Alcira

nerochronicles.com

things that sparkle said...

Jessica, thank you so so much for this sweet award. I am in awe that you drew that little beauty. xoxo

The Zhush said...

What a lovely and sweet surprise this was! Thanks so much! Can see I am in great company here...and like the others I am in awe of your amazing illustration!
xx

carolyn. tilly | maison said...

aww jessica, you are too sweet! loving this, AND your illustration and kind words. thanks so much.

xoxo
carolyn

manuel said...

hello my love! thank you so much for your lovely award and always grateful commentary! I am so glad our paths crossed in undergrad!! you have always been so innovative and creative! I wish we were closer so we could collaborate cause I know we could take over the world hahaha! really, we could! i would love to come work with you in cali... do they do some summer positions? I am in desperate need of a break from thesis and would love a change! thanks again darling!

PS, you know I love gold!

{this is glamorous} said...

so lovely -- thank you! x

design blog said...

I am extremely impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your blog. Is this a paid theme or did you customize it yourself?

Either way keep up the nice quality writing, it’s rare to see a nice blog like this one these days.

soisses said...

i will take a look to the blogs.

i really like your blog =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget