Monday, February 7, 2011

No. *031 A Little Spring Fever from {Lovely Ugly]

"I stuck my head out the window this morning and spring kissed me bang in the face. " -- Langston Hughes

I've got it. Spring fever. It's getting warmer here and I'm crossing my fingers for longer days and more sunshine. Yes, I know it's still Feburary, but I want to run around outside, read a book. Aren't you restless? I want spring break, sunshine. a vase full of flowers. Lately, when I'm leaving my day job it's already been dark for hours. I am so lucky to live in California where is warm- I don't miss those frost bitten Februaries... I do miss the sun and so I've been thinking. 

 It
might as well
be
spring.

Well, we can't have everything we want, so instead- here is a little love- my latest painting. I think I had spring fever when I was painting it. Here is sending some warm and colorful weather your way. Lovely? Ugly? You decide.

xo- Jessica Rae






7 comments:

Captivated by image said...

Definitely lovely!! Gorgeous vibrant colors.

soisses said...

i am impressed again! L O V E that picture. would look fantastic in my living room ;-)

Heidiopia said...

Beautiful palette... love the freshness!

things that sparkle said...

absolutely gorgeous! wow

robin baron said...

I'm totally there too! Its funny how fast Spring Fever goes from a tiny germ of an idea in your mind to a full blown infection that has you cursing this frigid windy weather! I'm ready for Spring!

Design Junkie said...

Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog! I appreciate your input.

This piece of yours, I love too! Love the movement. I don't know anything, really, about art. But I know what I like.

I have a vague idea of what I would like for my house. One piece in particular, I'm thinking of a stylized portrait of my husband when he was a young man!

Sarah said...

Gorgeous! I love the colors, the first one is my favorite!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget