Tuesday, March 1, 2011

No. 040 *These look like ALIENS??

One of my latest paintings... Which I happened to really be growing fond of... until my friend called it an 'alien painting'. You've been painting lots of aliens lately" he says. At my birthday dinner. In front of all my friends. I am sure I was red as a tomato because my face was on fire. I was horrified. Oh my gaa. Oh crap. Here I was all excited about the colors and the human/nature/element. Here I thought I was epressing so many things. Well I can't get enough color these days. Inspiration from all those lovely spaces I've been seeing like the one below- an old Kelly W I believe?? As a whole people have been pretty accepting of my new paintings and very supportive (I JUST SOLD my first one of this series--- whooo hooo!) and it's important to me what people are thinking... because my art is for you, for people to enjoy--- am I pushing the boundaries too far? I've been pretty happy just letting loose and seeing what happens with my art lately, instead of feeling so controlled and worried like we can get in design! I'm not trying to communicate aliens! I was so ashamed. Do any of them speak to you, if so, what to they say? Please tell me if it's aliens and I will re-evaluate PRONTO. Now to go burry my head in the sand. Aliens.
Lovely- Ugly? As always the word is yours...

xoxo Lovelies....
You can check out more of my 'aliens' on my art page here...

Loving these colors....

6 comments:

soisses said...

great picture!!!

Drew {Coral Cafe} said...

thanks for stopping by girl!! I laughed bc when you posted on my post this morning I wasn't finished and it had all kinds of random stuff on my in-progress collage! you'll have to see the final product! but you obviously got a look into my mess of a process it takes to get to the end ;)

Christel @ Captivated by image said...

Lovely!! In no way is this an alien, it's a beauty with beautiful colors! You just have to be a little open minded to appreciate the unique elements of your design!

christine {bijouandboheme} said...

Not at ALL alien- your artwork is stunning. And ps, I actually did a long overdue thank you on my blog today- thank you again!!! xo

House Revivals said...

No! Your subjects do not look like aliens! These pieces are beautiful -- as is all of your work. I'm sure your friend was just pulling your leg. Keep painting. You have a rare gift.
~Amanda Lee

Esther said...

I like your style. Very nice pics!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget