Sunday, April 10, 2011

No. 054 Face Vs. Space


So, Sunday night- and another weekend has already come and went! I hope it was a lovely one for each of you!

Here is a question- Does your space reflect your face? Does your home look like 'you'- show your personal style, taste, lifestyle?
I got thinking about this over the weekend--- it's like when a dog looks just a bit like the owner. It just feels real. Comfortable. A friend of mine had asked me to help hang artwork in her home. As soon as I got there I realised it was going to be tricky. She had already hung a few awkward pieces on both walls...(a gigantic circular mirror, a long horizontal leaf inspired piece (?) ). To top it off, both were much too high, nearly at the ceiling!! We tried a couple different layouts and eventually we both ended up in stitches laughing... it was such an awkward space to work with... to do a great job we'd have to start over completely. I told her for now, to lean her artwork against the wall, and on a side table- sort of bohemian/creative style- I've actually done this with a few large pieces. Her response was that's you. You can pull off canvases leaning against the walls, frames, and stacks of art- more art than furniture. Cool, casual, artistic. That's not me'. It struck me because she was right. My home is me. Is your home you?

Needless to say I'll be back next weekend if she wants to hang her art proper, and make her home reflect her own great style.

Below, some interesting ideas on this face vs. space....






xoxox
Jessica Rae

4 comments:

travelkate said...

I really like what you wrote in terms of your interiors matching your personality. I think it is great when people come into your home and say it's so "you."

Also, love that face v space!

http://travelmoonblog.blogspot.com

Esther said...

Love this

Drew {Coral Cafe} said...

This is such a clever idea!! That circus dress is genius!!

millie said...

Great post! so true! My home right now is not fully reflecting me, so I'm not comfortable with it...but it's work in progress and that makes me happy. eventually my home will reflect me and my family...
Just like you I love leaning art all over the place,but with a baby boy- it's just imposible :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget