Saturday, April 16, 2011

No. 058 DIY- Honestly.. WTF GENIUS!!!

Yep. I said it. And you can't just throw out the word GENIUS often. This DIY bracelet idea has been on my mind for months and when my Friday run took me by a little hardware store on Venice Blvd... I picked up a whole slew of these gold hex beauties.
I kind of love my new bracelet. And it only took me about ten minutes....



Start with some string....

Add Hex nuts...


Knot the string together at the top ( I used three strands bunched together- nine total ). Braid the strands for a few inches, then begin adding hex's at each strand, just thread on before you cross over!


Le Fine! I added the tassle idea myself.



All you need?
  • Friendship bracelet style string
  • Small Hex nuts
  • Tape (you're going to want to tape it down while you are working.
  • A very small amount of talent with threading and braiding
I had originally seen this idea here- on Honestly...WTF. This well titled page is going to make you think... why didn't I think of that? about a million times over. They probably have better directions too :)


Now for some sun at the beach...

xoxo lovelies- Jessica Rae

7 comments:

Nina said...

OMG! I always wanted to make this since I found it in this site: http://sketch42blog.com/2011/02/a-very-cool-and-easy-fashion-diy/

Great take on the DIY. you make me want to make one now! FOllowing you now :)

Lauren said...

It was even more fantastic in person. And I spent time tonight taking the blog plunge..thanks for being such an inspiration to create my total randomness :)

abinavarrete said...

gosh! I saw this before and was in search for months already where to get this accessories! thanks for posting! :)

http://abinavarrete.blogspot.com/

Kalina said...

lovely bracelet, I must try do it by myself! and.. I'm your new followers ;)

greetings from
http://mikalafashion.blogspot.com/

Poison said...

very nice blog:) I invite you to my blog;*
FOLLOW?

iluvteaching said...

It looks so easy to make! Thanks for the tutorial.

Cristina
iluvmyordinarylife.blogspot.com

Grace said...

I cannot BELIEVE people buy these from Giles and Brother for US$250!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

UpTweet