Friday, August 12, 2011

No. 082 Trianon Palace- Traditional with Flair!

Well my goodness I'm literally smitten with the Trianon Palace Versailles, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel . I've been working on helping my fellow designer get some concepts running when we stumbled across this fantastic hotel. We're tired of our 'traditional design' loving clients and are eager to spice it up. Our favorite thing to do is mix modern takes of it and keep the old richness and detail fresh and whimsical. It's the kind of design that makes you a little giddy with excitement. Playful, whimsical, just how I like it. Sure it's a bit European Traditional (and as inspiration for our more conservative clients, PERFECT) but its a modernized blend that leaves you feeling a little Alice in Wonderland. Take a look. I'm in love....









1 comment:

House Revivals said...

Beautiful! I love how they played with scale, and the Mad Hatteresque chairs. Also, the way they freshened up the lobby with the black and white floor that referenced the more traditional floor, but still felt a bit more modern.
~Amanda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget