Thursday, March 1, 2012

DIFFA Dining by Design New York- Updates

Whew! So..... I'm swamped non stop this week with projects at HBA Design, but I'm really excited about it and can't wait to share a little with with you! My pet project right now? A very special and dear event held by DIFFA (Design Industries Foundation Fighting Aids) called Dining by Design. DIFFA explains it best "Each spring in New York, DIFFA's DINING BY DESIGN debuts in a spectacular display of cuisine, creativity, and glamour. Presented in conjunction with the Architectural Digest Home Design Show, the event showcases design luminaries and culinary giants in a feast for the senses." 


Top designers, architects, interior stylists, and creative enthusiasts alike design individual and unique dining spaces within the event which are on show for the week of festivities including public viewing, cocktail party, and ending in a night fantastic Night Gala to close up the show. I am SOOOO excited for a trip to New York, visit to the Architectural Digest Home Design Show, and being a part of the whole experience for such a worthy cause. 


It has been so much fun to plan for such a unique installation where creativity has no limits! I'm working with my favorite designer at my firm, who is incredibly talented and has ironically similar design taste, designer Kelly Sutton. She's been my mentor as I've made my progression from commercial design into hospitality, boutique, and lux residential. We've even had the opportunity to join with some top manufactures who will be donating materials for the space ( can anyone guess... knowing us... luxurious fun fur... custom furniture... and Swarovski Elements crystals?) Anyway, here is a fun sneak preview at some of our custom fabric designs we are working on right now- I am doing some illustrations that will be incorporated into our fabric design. How exciting is this? Think fabulous shield back chairs with beautiful fashion illustrations. I am so honored to be able to look at having my art be a part of the space! So exciting. That's all for now... so many more updates later! I can't wait until March to share the whole design with everyone. 





1 comment:

christine {bijouandboheme} said...

You know I am absolutely DYING to see all these update!!! Seeing these sneak peeks is confirming what I already knew...your design is going to be off the charts gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget