Wednesday, April 11, 2012

PAINTED RUG *DIY Brilliance

So. I got up at 4:45 this morning and ran for the coffee. No stumbled. But I was glad for the early start to get some work done before heading to the design firm. Well, 'work' meaning got totally distracted by THIS brilliance over at The Little Green Notebook- posted from her crafty reader Miggy. Skillz. And can we say DIY genius? Painted zig zag rug- get real. I'm in love. Think I need this for my bedroom like now. Seriously on the list of things to do. I can paint- I figure, so I can make this happen. Well- anyone could make this happen- with just a flat woven rug (think IKEA or Home Depot) and a few cans of sample paint (usually just a couple bucks each at Home Depot or similar local), it pretty much would fit in any budget. Miggy spent 36$ on this beauty, and I would say... well worth the effort. Don't you agree?








8 comments:

christine {bijouandboheme} said...

Well done indeed and PS, I showed hubster your project last night and he went nuts...and PS, he never does that- when I told him you were the girl who painted his favouite piece in our house (lady turquoise) I think he instantly developed a little crush on you- was pretty funny:)

AM said...

This is so inspirational. I think this is something I am going to do when I have some time off of work. Very nice.

Miggy said...

Thanks for the shout out lady! I'm gonna check out your blog when I have a few minutes! (eek! messes and kids everywhere...)

anna @ studentfab.blogspot.com said...

wow thats so good, i never thought you could paint a rug like that. Well done!!

I've just started a new blog - www.studentfab.blogspot.com
I'm just testing out a few ideas at the moment and would love if you had a chance to have a look at it

Adriana said...

That rug is awesome! It's such a great idea. I'm definitely thinking about making one myself!

http://www.leopardmartini.com/

ktz said...

I saw this one DIY painted rug too (ideas, ideas)
http://thegoldjellybean.com/2012/03/diy-painted-kilim-rug.html

theM.A.D.creationist said...

wow great work!

Inggrid Monalita said...

Wow. Cool DIY! Love this<3
U have great idea!

Wanna follow each other sweetie?

Have a nice day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget